Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have been lucky enough to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in three major cities.  They all have parades in the morning and different festivities during the day.  Here are pictures from the three cities.

DUBLIN
I was in Dublin for St. Patrick's Day in 2000.  One of the places you must visit while there is the St. Patrick's Cathedral. It dates back to 1220.  
Here is a pic from the parade route along the O'Connell Bridge.
Boston
I was able to see the second largest parade in the U. S. when I visited Boston in 2006.  We set up off of W. Broadway Street in South Boston to watch the parade.

New York City
In 2007, I was able to see the largest parade, in New York City.  We set up across from St. Patrick's Cathedral to watch all the marchers.  I also got to see Michael Bloomberg and Rudy 
Guiliani. 

No comments: